Hartington Club Run 27July 2008

Have your say here !

Moderator: Chelford_Island

Re: Hartington Club Run 27July 2008

Postby Scott » July 27th, 2008, 8:07 pm

Elevation for todays ride, 6309ft climbed.
Attachments
Road (local) - Bike 27-07-2008, Elevation - Distance1.jpg
Elevation
Road (local) - Bike 27-07-2008, Elevation - Distance1.jpg (46.19 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
Scott
First Cat

Postby bigbaz » July 27th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Great ride today.Eight set off from Handforth.Ian, Andy, Miles, Tony, Mark,Vince, Jonathon & myself.Got to Hartington via Macc.Forest,Wildboarclough,Flash ,Longnor,with Vince & Jonathon turning off en route.Cafe at Hartington was full so headed to Flagg after trying a very Royston Vaseyish farm just outside Hartington.
Return was via Dowel Dale,Axe Edge,Cat & Fiddle & Dead Man's Hill.

Fantastic scenery,great weather & great company. Just short of 80 miles & as Ian's attachment shows,a fair amount of climbing. Top day out.
bigbaz
World Champion

Postby bikegeek » July 29th, 2008, 3:39 pm

That's some run there alright! I'm glad I was camping on Anglsey for the weekend, (thats staying in a tent for a couple of nights - not mincing about in public). I probably wouldn't have made it all the way round - much respect for those who did. No wonder you stumbled on a Royston style cafe - you're right out in the hinterland there. They probably thought when they saw you "Hmm, men in tight shorts, is that what they're all wearing in the big city nowdays? Whatever happened to tweed?"
I did hire a moutain bike for a few hours so got pedalling a bit at least. It was cheap one & weighed in at around 25stone. The womens version my girlfriend got was even heavier. Good job we wern't doing the wildwales route!
See you Sunday.
P.
bikegeek
Third Cat

Return to Club Chat