APRC road race - 28 June

Have your say here !

Moderator: Chelford_Island

APRC road race - 28 June

Postby simon » June 10th, 2015, 8:21 am

I'm not sure how many people will be aware but Steve Costello has been doing a sterling job since re-joining our club this year. He has been racing all over the place in our colours and got great profile for us last night, winning the over 50's event at Oulton Park from a field of about 70 riders.

Not content with just riding, Steve has also organised the Abbotsford Park RC road race which will be run under TLI rules at Preston Arena at 1pm on Saturday 27 June. He doesn't need any help with marshalling but he does need support with entries. I was due to ride but will now unfortunately be overseas with work so have had to drop out.

It would be a real shame if the event goes ahead with no APRC members taking part so please support Steve by entering (either in advance or by confirming to Steve that you will turn up and enter on the day). It will only cost £15 including day membership of TLI and, based on my experience, anyone who rides regularly on our club runs will be able to hold the pace in the bunch. The race is only one hour and is on a really safe purpose built closed circuit. It will be run in age related groups and maybe even handicapped and I am sure Steve will be very generous when deciding which group to put you in!

Here is a link to how to enter: http://www.tlicycling.org.uk/EnterEvent.aspx and please contact Steve directly on 01772 860 655 or stevedcostello@hotmail.co.uk if you have any questions.

Simon
simon
Elite Poster

Return to Club Chat