Clubrun 27Sep - Hulme End

Have your say here !

Moderator: Chelford_Island

Clubrun 27Sep - Hulme End

Postby Focus » September 27th, 2015, 8:49 pm

A wonderful sunny warm September day today saw Andy, Baz, John C, Paul, Simon and Tony out.

We opted for Hulme End to be 'kind' to John who said he would struggle in the hills....... Nice and flat route of course :lol: :lol:

Brickworks, Windgather, Goyt, Earl Sterndale, Brund and on to the café where Dave W and a couple of his mates were there to meet us.

After a feed we went along the Manifold Valley and up the climb to Grindon, Butterton, Royal Cottage, Wildboarclough and home.

John did well considering his lack of miles and it was really great to see him back for a second week running on his holidays from N.Ireland. (Maeve, he has really missed you and didn't stop thinking about you these last two weeks.........14 currys, 3 clubruns, 14 nights on the booze, 1 weeks sun, 1 Welsh rugby win, 1 VW/Porsche emisions blunder..............a rough week for John :D :D :D

Fantastic day out today. 8-) 8-)

72miles for me, route here: https://connect.garmin.com/activity/911514317

Andy
Attachments
20150927_105853.jpg
John, Baz, Tony, Paul and Simon in the Goyt Valley this morning.
20150927_105853.jpg (176.26 KiB) Viewed 596 times
Focus
World Champion

Re: Clubrun 27Sep - Hulme End

Postby Baldy Welshy » October 7th, 2015, 10:11 am

Had an excellent September trip over to England thanks to the Abbots and the vets. Good weather meant 3 runs out in one week, couldn't have wished for better luck.

Thanks to you all for putting in an easier couple of runs so that I could keep up. Just. Hopefully next time I'll be a bit lighter so that I can get up the hills a bit faster. At least I didn't get off and push, though it was close at one point.

The plan is to book up Mallorca for April so look forward to seeing you all then. Hopefully there will be less of me by then.

John
Baldy Welshy
Site Admin

Return to Club Chat