Warrington 50

Have your say here !

Moderator: Chelford_Island

Warrington 50

Postby dave wilson » June 3rd, 2016, 5:29 pm

Just wondered if anyone rode this last week? I was out pottering round the lanes and watched a few fly by, but my overriding memory was of the shocking road surface - a load of new chippings had been flung around Goostrey. I tried to get a peak of the riders on one of the marshall’s sheet, but it was a bit intrusive as he was noting down rider times, hence didn’t see if Ian (or anyone else) was down to ride.
dave wilson
Second Cat

Re: Warrington 50

Postby simon » June 11th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Don't think so Dave - Ian is still riding strong but has hung up his racing wheels for a bit. I had a ride round the Chelford course last Saturday during the Stretford Wh 25 and was surprised at how fast they kept coming past.

Road racing for me at the moment - slow start to the season but 3 events next week which is going to be tough after a week working in Chicago and stuffing my face with steaks and pizza!

Think I've seen you a few times recently - nice aero looking BMC??

Simon
simon
Elite Poster

Postby dave wilson » June 26th, 2016, 9:33 pm

Evening Si, yes that’s me on the BMC. Sadly, it’s aerodynamic set-up is rendered somewhat obsolete the minute I climb on to it! I checked out the results from that Warrington 50. Bejaysus - winning average of over 28mph, which was also the winning average in the Anfield 100 I think. I managed a potter over the Brickworks today then back and down around the lanes and then home in the rain. Not many out today, given the weather. What’s happened to the club run updates? I used to enjoy all that verbal hammering of Malcolm and tales of 6000ft climbing - nice reminders why I’m better of pottering around on me tod!!
dave wilson
Second Cat

Postby simon » June 29th, 2016, 8:59 pm

We'll try and resume the reports Dave - lots of competing social media nowadays with many of us on Facebook, strava, etc. Occasionally we talk to each other too.

We were just chatting on Sunday about the progress being made with time trials - quite a few comp records gone in the last couple of years and 30mph+ isn't so unusual now at all distances.

Glad to hear you are getting out regularly - you'll probably pass us on the brickworks sometime soon!

Simon
simon
Elite Poster

Return to Club Chat