Portaferry 3 Day

Race planning, results, questions, do it in here...

Portaferry 3 Day

Postby Baldy Welshy » March 30th, 2008, 3:45 pm

The Portaferry 3 day is a stage race held on the coast of Strangford Lough in Northern Ireland on 25th July. I rode this event with an Irish club in 2007 and was very impressed, though broken by the third day :cry: . This would be a good outing for an adventurous Abbotsford Park team for 2008, so if anyone is interested in something totally different then let me know.

It is easy for me to arrange accommodation to suit all budgets and tastes as I have a permanent base in Northern Ireland.

We need a team of three although it is possible to ride 4 with 3 counters. A team of 4 offers some insurance against punctures though team cars can follow with wheels if anyone wants to do support vehicle.

Surprise me, and lets get a team in....
Baldy Welshy
Site Admin

Re: Portaferry 3 Day

Postby Jon@theedge » March 30th, 2008, 5:37 pm

Sean said he would like to do it, but I don't finish at primary school until after the two inset days on Mon & Tues so I can only take him to the point of departure (sea or air).
Jon@theedge
Second Cat

Postby Sean@theedge » March 30th, 2008, 7:31 pm

Yep as my dad said. I wanna do this Jon- am in. :D Sounds really good. Should have really good racing fitness by then.

However would you already be in ireland? As once am in Ireland i would need transport. Its to much to take my car over and im to young to rent a car :cry: . Whats the plan batman?
Sean@theedge
Second Cat

Postby Baldy Welshy » April 3rd, 2008, 8:47 pm

Sean,

We could easily work something out to get you here quickly and cheaply, I could give you a lift from the boat in Dublin or even all the way from Manchester depending on plans nearer the time.

This is a good event and it will be a shame if we miss it but it looks like the problem will be getting a third counter from the club. Nigel would have been a safe bet and a strong rider too, but his seasons messed up with a knee problem. Ditto the Cheshire 2 day.
Baldy Welshy
Site Admin

Return to Racing