Congleton 50 and Wheelers 25

Race planning, results, questions, do it in here...

Congleton 50 and Wheelers 25

Postby resultboardman » August 24th, 2009, 2:24 pm

Maeve,

Well done on your '50' time on Saturday, and sorry to miss you John (I had to be home by 6ish), I'm not sure where you went after you'd finished, I guessed you were doing another lap for the training!
Nigel - I tried to enter the Mcr Wh. 25 you've entered at Blyth Bridge on the 29th, but was told there were 150 entries and I was too slow (nothing new there!!! - lol), I can't help feeling that they have sneaked a few slower riders in there, and I've not even been offered a 'reserve' place, shame as I'd targeted this event between 2 long races to improve my 25. I hope you do a good ride, you should get a PB on this course if the conditions are right. Ex-member Alex R. is also down to ride.

Steve
resultboardman
Elite Poster

Re: Congleton 50 and Wheelers 25

Postby Baldy Welshy » August 24th, 2009, 5:12 pm

I got turned down too, so the cutoff must be on the hour or under.
Baldy Welshy
Site Admin

Postby resultboardman » August 24th, 2009, 10:04 pm

John

When the Wheelers event sec. rang me to tell me the bad news he said that a '2' on Chelford was worth an '0' anywhere else and sorry to turn me (and others) down, odd thing is though I would say you were faster on entry form than some that have been allocated reserve places, and there are one or two (male) riders on the start sheet who I reckon must be close to your entry time(s). Say no more!

Steve
resultboardman
Elite Poster

Postby shamrock » August 24th, 2009, 10:19 pm

http://cyclingtimetrials.janet0102.co.uk/Default.aspx?&ge1246__geka=zDDQ-6ZV33MzjqeBwbmQrz_ANSkB_T7qN_S6WibhjZQz_o3nTnZ7uvtq6LX6A4Hs&ge1246__gevi=bkosVTEcmXX5ekdECVvBmA&gv484__gvac=2&gv484__gvff0=54387&gv484__gvfl0=0&language=en-GB&tabid=109

Cheers guys for coming out on Saturday, was great to hear the cheers the whole way round, you definitely did make me pedal faster ...
I had mixed emotions about Saturday, delighted that I beat my previous time by a whole 6 mins .... but absolutely gutted that I got beaten into fourth place by a measley 13 seconds ..... aarrrggghh!
Anyway, unfortunately there aren't any more 50's this year... but has made me even more determined to train hard for next year :)

See yee all at Wild Wales next weekend .... I can't wait :lol:
shamrock
Third Cat

Postby Baldy Welshy » August 25th, 2009, 1:49 am

resultboardman wrote: I would say you were faster on entry form than some that have been allocated reserve places, and there are one or two (male) riders on the start sheet who I reckon must be close to your entry time(s). Say no more!

Steve

In fairness, the organiser did try to contact me in Ireland to offer me a reserve place, but where I work there is no mobile reception. I'm still surprised that an '0' is the cutoff.

I guess this is a reason to chase fast courses.. get dragged round a dual carriageway by overtaking lorries to a PB on the entry form. Actually, with my recent form I'm not too fussed, my season's pretty much come to an end through lack of time.

Still, looking forward to WW and then the drinking season....
Baldy Welshy
Site Admin

Postby resultboardman » August 25th, 2009, 7:36 pm

John,

I think you might have done the right thing not coming out today, it poured down 10 minutes before I started and there was an amazing amount of traffic, strangely most of it going the opposite direction which together with a strong breeze made for a hard day. I got stopped both times at Chelford by a queue of cars. I came away with a 53 being the fastest on the result board, so someone obviously had the legs-the youngster from Raleigh, who is to be congratulated for a great ride on a none too easy day.

Good luck to you and other members on the WW this weekend and have a safe ride everyone!

PS: If I feel in the mood is there anyone meeting for an impromptu clubrun at Handforth on Sunday at 9.30?

Steve
resultboardman
Elite Poster

Postby le roi » August 26th, 2009, 10:14 am

Steve, yes, see club chat.
Neil.
le roi
World Champion

Postby goldengirl » October 10th, 2009, 5:48 pm

resultboardman wrote:John,

I think you might have done the right thing not coming out today, it poured down 10 minutes before I started and there was an amazing amount of traffic, strangely most of it going the opposite direction which together with a strong breeze made for a hard day. I got stopped both times at Chelford by a queue of cars. I came away with a 53 being the fastest on the result board, so someone obviously had the legs-the youngster from Raleigh, who is to be congratulated for a great ride on a none too easy day.

Good luck to you and other members on the WW this weekend and have a safe ride everyone!

PS: If I feel in the mood is there anyone meeting for an impromptu clubrun at Handforth on Sunday at 9.30?

Steve

That youngster from Raleigh is Jim Ogden' grandson, Dave and Louise Cuming' son.
goldengirl
Second Cat

Return to Racing